Dorset, South West
£26,000.00 per annum
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time (4 or 5 day week option)
Our client, a well-known and highly reputable business based in Central Bournemouth, are looking for a driven and passionate HR Advisor to join their successful team. Not only do they strive to put the customer at the heart of everything they do, but also their employees across two sites.
You will be the centre-point for advice and expertise across Management and Employees.
As well as providing advice and guidance to line managers, you will be enthusiastic about supporting the Health & Wellbeing of employees.
You will be a people person and able to demonstrate qualities such as emotional understanding, sensitivity, friendliness and a calm head, in all situations. You will also need to be capable of quickly building strong working relationships with managers at all levels across the business, using your excellent listening, communication and influencing skills. Your HR experience will be vital in helping you 'hit the ground running' in this busy team.
Main Responsibilities for the role of HR Advisor include:
* Being a first point of contact for managers and employees coming to HR with questions and concerns. You will need to use your judgment to provide advice and guidance for how to handle/resolve situations informally as a first step.
* Managing a diverse caseload including Disciplinaries/Dismissals up to and including gross misconduct. You will be responsible for preparing all documentation, ensuring managers are prepared and confident to run the meetings, taking minutes and providing guidance on what is appropriate, in terms of sanctions
* Long term sickness/capability issues - including welfare meetings with employees, providing updates to managers, liaising with occupational health and other medical professionals and suggesting an appropriate solution for managing employee's to return to work
* Performance management processes
* Grievance - being the HR representative for grievances that are raised. Ensuring a full and fair investigation takes place, agreeing appropriate outcomes and preparing formal written responses for employees
* Assist in quality checking the monthly payroll - to ensure accuracy is maintained
* Reviewing data such as absence statistics, exit surveys and engagement results - collate responses and provide feedback to management
In order to be successful in this role you must have the following:
* Strong proven experience across a range of employee relations cases, including (but not limited to); disciplinary, performance monitoring and capability cases, grievances, absence management cases
* A strong understanding of how ER matters can impact commercial operations - ability to demonstrate commercially focused decisions
* Pragmatic application of employment legislation in day-to-day situations
* Excellent attention to detail
* Self-motivated, disciplined and willing to learn
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities and remain effective
In return for your hard work and commitment to the HR team, our client offers some fantastic benefits, including:
* 4 or 5 day working week option
* Fantastic Health & Wellbeing Programme
* Modern office environment
* Extra Days Off
* Excellent Incentives
* Christmas and Summer Parties
* Buy Additional Holiday
* Cycle to Work Scheme