Hampshire, South East
£32,000.00 per annum
We are working with a fast paced, expanding company based in Gosport who is looking to recruit an experienced Systems Engineer. The department is extremely busy and the role will involve carrying out system engineering duties as required. This is an excellent opportunity to join a substantial company who offer a great working environment.
* Providing off site engineering support; fault finding and maintaining the equipment in support of the Project Manager to meet the short and long term programme.
* Undergo and maintain professional training.
* Be able to deploy anywhere in the world inclusive of Contractors on Deployed Operations areas, in order to fulfil contractual and operational requirements (including Operational Defects). Training will be provided.
* To provide technical support as a Duty Engineer to members of the 24/7 Help Desk Technical Support Team (Duty Engineer 1 week on at a time)
* Liaise and communicate with system maintainers including training of ships staff and sub-contractors.
* Testing of equipment, spares and reference systems in house.
* Take responsibility for quality of work carried out and ensure that Health & Safety policy is adhered to.
* Review, update and improve internal processes, and user technical documents.
* Experience of working with Maritime communications and Multi Media systems.
* Experience of working with UHF SATCOM systems. (Maritime & land based)
* Technical skills and awareness, mechanical and electrical ideally.
* An understanding of Network principles and architecture
* An in-date passport and category B driving licence.
* Experience in the naval, maritime environment. (HM Forces)
* Customer Service Skills
* Being able to liaise and communicate on all levels
What you will receive:
* Salary upto £32,000 (Competitive basic salary)
* Monday - Thursday 8:00 -4:30 and Friday 8:00 until 1:30
* Opportunities to progress
* Great working environment with good facilities and a friendly team
* Opportunity to join an exciting, innovative technology and engineering company where our Mission is to deliver solutions that make a difference
* Company pension scheme
* Life cover (three times basic salary)
If you are currently looking for a new opportunity in a fast-paced environment in a company that can offer extensive career progression then please apply NOW, or alternatively, call me at the Southampton office so we can discuss the opportunity further with you. If you are successful at interview, there is potential for an immediate start!
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for: Systems Engineer