Hampshire, South East
£30,000.00 per annum
We are working with a well-established company based just outside Fareham who is looking to recruit a Quality Engineer. The department is extremely busy and the role will involve carrying out Quality administrative and manual duties as required. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving company with further growth plans.
* Inspection of goods received to verify conformance to specification (mechanical, functional & cosmetic)
* Review of Supplier data & First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) to verify part conformance to specification
* Inspection of finished goods & related documentation to verify conformance to Customer specification
* Inspection of stock & work in progress to verify conformance to specification
* Maintain inspection & test records needed to satisfy the quality requirements of Customers and internal processes
* Equipment calibration & maintenance (C&M):
* Co-ordinate the C&M of equipment and facilities
* Organise external C&M and carry out internal C&M
* Review C&M data to verify that equipment is fit for use
* Maintain C&M records
* Monthly reporting of C&M compliance to the Quality Director
Process Audits & Controls:
* Excellent & consistent attention to detail
* Knowledge of Automotive procedures - 8D reports
* Experienced in mechanical inspection - proficient in using manual inspection equipment such as verniers, calipers, micrometers & height gauges.
* Ability to use and interpret CMM
* Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings. CMM
* Good IT skills - specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
* Experience of working in an ISO9001 environment
* Knowledge - 5S, FMEA, process mapping
* Able to work on own initiative
What you will receive:
* Salary upto £30,000
* Monday - Friday 7:30 - 4:00 (flexible)
* Genuine opportunities to progress
* Great working environment with good facilities and a friendly team
* Free onsite parking
If you are currently looking for a new opportunity in a fast-paced environment in a company that can offer extensive career progression then please apply NOW, or alternatively, call me at the Southampton office so we can discuss the opportunity further with you. If you are successful at interview, there is potential for an immediate start!
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for: Quality Engineer