Senior IP Telecoms Engineer
Dorset, South West
£35,000.00 per annum
Role: Senior IP Telecoms Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful, team-orientated and motivated company in a branch of Telecommunications that is modern and flourishing. You will be joining a team of talented telecom and software support engineers who work with cutting-edge software technology that is deployed by leading telecom companies around the world.
Due to continued growth we are looking for a highly capable, adaptable and knowledgeable IP Telecoms Engineer to join our Support Department. This is a permanent, full time role based in our Dorchester office.
The primary purpose of the role will be installing and configuring our clients unique telecoms solutions and providing technical support and training for these products.
* Providing in-depth technical support, handling and resolving technical issues and investigating escalated support
* Deployments of specialist troubleshooting solutions to help ensure the intricacies of a challenging issue are captured.
* Diagnostic testing and the use of remote tools used to access customers systems for the purpose of troubleshooting and identifying solutions.
* Providing regular customer feedback on cases to manage customer relationships.
* Software patching/Customer upgrades.
* Collaborate with internal teams as required to deliver outstanding levels of service to our clients.
* Performing customer installations of the clients solutions remotely or onsite where required.
* Detailed documentation of customer installations and handover to support colleagues.
* Providing customer training.
* Providing process improvement where relevant.
* Working experience in IP Telecoms with knowledge of some/all, SIP, SS7 (ISUP+SCCP), SBC, SMS, SMSC, SMSG, STP, debugger, is required.
* Working knowledge of networking components, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, Telnet, VoIP, VPN, SNMP, IP Routing, and Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP Protocols. Good working knowledge of Linux, and Virtualisation Technology.
* Working knowledge of Scripting/Programming Languages: SQL, Python, Perl, Bash.
* You will have high levels of energy, enthusiasm, motivation, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology.
* You will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
* Telecoms experience, 1 or 2+ years support experience in fixed line, mobile (3G/4G) or VoIP telecom environments.
Apply for: Senior IP Telecoms Engineer