Dorset, South West
£45,000.00 per annum
Role: Software Engineer
Salary: up to £45,000 dependant on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful, team-orientated and motivated company in a branch of Telecommunications that is modern and flourishing.
Our client is looking to expand its Engineering Department and are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to provide technical support and development for our global customer base. This is a permanent, full time role based in our Dorchester office.
The role will cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle:
* Requirements capture.
* Software design. The employee shall be required to produce written design specifications to meet specified requirements.
* Writing test specifications.
* Software development
* Performing unit testing.
* Analysing and diagnosing faults in existing products.
* Bug fixing.
* Provide written and verbal reports to management on project status.
The role does require a certain amount of flexibility and shall not exclusively be restricted to the software development process. Additional responsibilities shall include things such as:
* Providing technical backup to the support, installation and production teams.
* Assisting in the writing of product user documentation.
* From time to time the employee may be required to undertake on-site visits to assist with support and installation issues.
* The candidate will need to have high levels of energy, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology and delivering change.
* The candidate must be able to work in a standalone Agile Engineering environment.
* The candidate will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* The candidate will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge
* Programming Languages: C,JAVA, SQL, Python
* Desirable: Telecoms experience, 2+ years programming experience in fixed line, mobile (3G/4G) or VoIP telecom environments
Apply for: Software Engineer