Dorset, South West
£17,500.00 per annum
Job Title: New Claims Agent
Hours: Monday - Friday shifts between 08.00am - 18.00pm & 1 in 4 Saturdays AM
* To make prompt contact with a customer and take them out of our chosen market sector with the selling of our services. Gather the entire claim information to judge the viability of the claim taking calculated risks when required. Responsible for analysing the risk to the business and recovery prospects to help make these decisions.
* To make contact with referred customers within time periods stipulated within referrer service level agreements.
* Establish roadworthiness of a customer's vehicle.
* Follow rules as stipulated in referrer profile when handling a claim.
* Accurately gather and record all required information recognising where further interrogation or validation may be required over and above a customer's version of events
* Satisfy company security requirements in respect of client identification and fraud detection ensuring team leaders and/or team manager is notified of any suspicions.
* Liaise with third party insurers, witnesses, repairers and other interested parties as necessary to fully validate the claim.
* Decide whether the claim should continue to be worked in the new claims department or transferred to the handling department.
* Correctly identify a customer's vehicle requirements including any extras or special equipment when arranging the hire of the vehicle. This process includes taking credit card details and adhering to excess and insurance scripts.
* Utilise systems, industry tools and publicly available web based resources as necessary to fully validate the claim.
* Identify non-viable claims and refer to team leader and/or team manager for rejection authorisation.
* Provide referrers and customers with regular updates on the progress of the claim.
* Ensure customers understand the credit hire process and are aware of their obligations.
* Have an overview of the Association of British Insurers and General Terms of Agreement guidelines relating to the providing of hire.
* Be able to overcome a client's objections to help maximise conversion levels.
* Adhere to company data protection policy.
* Contribute/assist in championing the need for continuous improvement, seeking to improve processes and efficiencies.
* Work towards individual and team targets.
* Any other ad hoc duties as required by the business.
* Telephony experience Office experience
* Customer service experience Call centre experience
* Claims Experience
* Basic IT skills and data entry
* Excellent communication skills
* Organisational skills
* Team Player
* High level of accuracy
Apply for: Claims Handler