Hampshire, South East
£26,000.00 per annum
We are recruiting on behalf of an established engineering company based in Romsey for a Buyer to their team. If successful you will be the sole buyer for the company taking sole responsibility for the procurement process from start to finish.
What you will do:
* Management and control of existing suppliers
* Liaising with the Technical Department for new suppliers of existing and new parts
* Making regular contact with key suppliers concerning open orders and any other issues
* Negotiating best prices with suppliers
* Improving payment terms
* Minimising occurrences of incorrect deliveries
* Utilising more cost effective sources of supply
* Manage and control the provision of transportation, delivery and logistical services
* Manage and control the provision of all environmental services for the company
* You will have experience in all aspects of the procurement process
* You will have previously worked at a manufacturing / engineering company
* You will have outstanding communication and negotiation skills
* You will have knowledge of import and export procedures
* You will be able to work independently with minimal assistance
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays raising to 25 days after 5 years
* Company pension scheme
* Bupa Medical scheme after 12 months service
This is an excellent opportunity to join a respected company, to apply please send your CV today!
Due to the large volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates, if you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.