Hampshire, South East
£21,000.00 per annum
We are recruiting for a Production Engineer to join an established Southampton based manufacturing company with an enviable reputation for innovation and fresh thinking. The team is dynamic, fun to work with and hungry for success with a reputation for unrivalled customer service.
The Production Engineer will work within the Development team and will be responsible for handing projects from Development to Production. This will involve designing jigs and fixtures to aid the assembly process, creating assembly instructions for the assembly operatives to follow, providing training, and being on hand to assist with production related matters that may arise on a day to day basis. The role will involve specification and maintenance of tools and production line equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Building of prototypes and pre-production samples
* Design and build assembly jigs and fixtures
* Create assembly instructions
* Calculation of Standard Times
* Advising on production line set up and lead times
* Provide training to production staff
* Packaging specification and design
* First line support for production
* Tool maintenance
* Production line maintenance
* Facilities management, building maintenance
* Creating Assembly Instructions
* Design and manufacture of jigs and fixtures
* Knowledge of electrical engineering and safe working practice when working with electricity
* Able to work independently and as part of a team to production deadlines
* Good time management
* Experience of production / assembly line design or engineering support would be an advantage but not essential
This position is permanent subject to successful completion of a temporary period, the hours are full time Monday - Friday and the salary is up to £21,000 p/a.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates, if you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for: Production Engineer