Dorset, South West
£60,000.00 per annum
Software Engineer (Senior Level also available)
£40,000 to £60,000 DOE
South Coast, Dorset
Exciting opportunities have arisen to join a highly successful, team-orientated and motivated company in a branch of Telecommunications that is modern and flourishing.
Our client is looking to expand its Engineering Department and are looking for an experienced Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer to provide technical support and development for their global customer base.
The roles will cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle:
* Requirements capture
* Software design. The successful candidate shall be required to produce written design specifications to meet specified requirements
* Writing test specifications
* Software development
* Performing unit testing
* Analysing and diagnosing faults in existing products
* Bug fixing
* Provide written and verbal reports to management on project status
It shall be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that their work is done in accordance with the company quality procedures, particularly in the following main areas:
* Software release
* Software testing
* Source code control
* Updating of support Cases within the CRM system
The roles do require a certain amount of flexibility and shall not exclusively be restricted to the software development process.
Additional responsibilities shall include things such as:
* Providing technical backup to the support, installation and production teams.
* Assisting in the writing of product user documentation.
* From time to time the candidate may be required to undertake on-site visits to assist with support and installation issues.
* The candidate will need to have high levels of energy, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology and delivering change.
* The candidate must be able to work in a standalone Agile Engineering environment.
* The candidate will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The candidate will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
* Programming Languages: C,JAVA, SQL, Python
* Desirable: Telecoms experience, 3 or 4+ years programming experience in fixed line, mobile (3G/4G) or VoIP telecom environments
Apply for: Software Engineer