Hardware Design and Service Engineer
Hampshire, South East
£30,000.00 per annum
We are recruiting on behalf of a company based in central Southampton for a Hardware and Service Engineer to join their small but growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all electronics design and development work within the company, for new developments and in support of all current products.
This will involve:
* Hardware design including schematic design, PCB design and PCB layout
* Firmware in Atmel AVR assembly language.
* FPGA design in VHDL.
* Use of oscilloscopes and multimeter for debugging.
* Some board assembly and soldering.
* Sourcing of equipment for use in products.
* Fault finding to component level.
* Setting up and testing equipment.
* Work with external test houses to meet necessary approval standards.
* Contribute to product specifications and roadmaps.
* Technical support for all products, either on the telephone, via skype or over email.
* Service, repair and installation of products
* UK and Foreign travel will be required from time to time
* Experience in PCB layout and design
* Experience of analogue and digital electronics
* Hands on experience of assembly, testing and diagnostics to component level
* Comfortable speaking on the phone to customers to offer support
* Ability to think creatively to overcome challenges, with an aptitude for continuous improvement
* Ability to work as part of a team, but also self-motivation is essential
* The candidate should have a clean driving license and valid passport
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team where the successful applicant will have a real chance to to influence the design and operation of new products.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates, if you have not heard from us within 7 days then unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for: Hardware Design and Service Engineer