Hampshire, South East
£28,500.00 per annum
Due to expansion, we are recruiting for a number of Workshop Engineers on behalf of our client. We are looking to recruit for someone who will be responsible for repairing, maintaining materials and handling equipment to a professional standard. The role will report to the Workshop Team Leader.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
* Carry out planned maintenance to pre-determined schedules and document fully.
* Carry out rebuilds on all Linde trucks.
* Identify faulty or sub-standard equipment through the use of industry expertise, diagnostic software, Guidance Notes (GN's) and/or specialist advice.
* Inspect lifting chains & forks in accordance with relevant GN's.
* Ensure all safety related guards and protective circuits are functional.
* Compile reports detailed damage &/or abuse.
* Complete & document final inspection reports following any work carried out.
* Complete Pre-delivery Inspections in conjunction with works order form.
* Identify spare parts through the use of LSG or appropriate pats lists.
* Compile parts orders, submit to parts dept and expedite where applicable.
* Complete weekly activity sheet and submit within published timescale.
* Observe Health & Safety requirements at all times.
* Report all accidents and near miss events as required.
* Observe workshop housekeeping rules.
* Maintain a clean & orderly working area including common areas (wash-bay, welding bay & machine tools)
* Dispose of waste oils, lubricants and contaminated waste appropriately.
* Observe speed limits and operate equipment in accordance with FTT requirements.
* Ensure all PPE is worn as required, maintained to safe standard & replaced accordingly
40 hours per week, must be flexible on hours worked. Must be able to do call out when required. Salary is up to £28,500 per annum. 25 days holiday. Immediate start.
Apply for: Workshop Engineer