Hampshire, South East
£40,000.00 per annum
The Works is delighted to be working with a high-end manufacturing client based in Eastleigh who is looking to recruit a dynamic Shift Leader.
The role will be working on an evening shift basis, so previous experience of these hours would be preferred - there is no weekend work.
This is a great opportunity to join a house-hold brand who pride themselves in valuing each and every one of their team members. The site is extremely busy, working to the latest lean manufacturing processes.
The principal accountabilities are:
Maintaining a strategic view of the business, with responsibility for productivity, controllable spend, direct labour, consumables, quality and waste
Responsible for ensuring resource provision to meet operational processing requirements, in liaison with Line Manager
Performance management of direct team, conducting performance appraisals, identifying development needs and offering coaching and mentoring in areas as required.
Effective communication with maintenance team to highlight machine issues and to fully understand the preventative maintenance plan
Effective management of Health & Safety standards
Drive the team by example
Carry out any other duties as requested by the Line Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* FMCG / manufacturing experience
* GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
* Proven track record in a leadership role
* Excellent communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills for both internal and external relationships
* High standard of personal motivation and initiative
* Ability to respond positively to working within a pressurised environment
* Computer literate
* Strong influencing and organisational skills
* Ability to inspire confidence in the team
The hours are 16:00 - 00:00 Monday to Friday.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking, progressive organisation in a role with a wonderful team. If you meet the above criteria, please APPLY NOW!