Hampshire, South East
£45,000.00 per annum
We are recruiting on behalf of an Engineering company in Gosport for a Project Manager to join their team.
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of a variety of engineering Projects, as delegated by the Programme Manager. The project manager provides disciplined, repeatable Project Management output, supported by a sound understanding of military, maritime engineering practices. This role is customer facing and also has a proactive business development requirement. The Project Manager is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum, ensuring the overall integrity and coherence of Project requirements, delivering successfully to Time, Cost and Quality.
* Planning, maintaining and delivering effective projects, proactively monitoring and actively influencing progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
* Ensuring effective time, cost and quality controls throughout the project lifespan, focusing inwardly on the consistency of the project and alignment with strategy, and outwardly on its coherence with customer expectation and specified standards.
* Facilitating and managing the output of individuals assigned to Integrated Project Teams.
* Ensuring the maintenance of sufficient resources and skills for required project activities.
* Managing communications with all internal and relevant external stakeholders.
* Managing risks and issues which may affect the project's successful outcome.
* Initiating training, skills development and recruitment requests wherever resource gaps in the project are forecasted or identified.
* Reporting the progress of projects at determined intervals to the Programme Manager.
* Proactive identification and exploitation of all new business development opportunities.
Skills and experience:
* Effective leadership, management, interpersonal and communications skills, preferably to a nationally recognised accreditation level.
* The ability to command respect and create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
* A strong understanding of military, maritime engineering standards and requirements.
* UHF SATCOM experience
* Knowledge and experience in the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
* Sound written and verbal skills, with the ability to create the full range of Project documentation.
* Sound knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP, PRINCE2, APM, Change Management and MoR.
* Proven experience of budget management and control, preferably with a working knowledge of the SAGE system.
* The ability pass SC level security clearance
Due to the large volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates, if you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for: Project Manager