UK Business Development Manager
Hampshire, South East
£25,000.00 per annum
We are currenlty recruiting for a Business Development Manager for our client in Portsmouth. They require someone who can developing new business in the Industrial sectors. Managing existing accounts by introducing new ranges and upselling their products to meet Sales Targets for sector.
The main duties of the position:
a) Develop relationships and generate sales to achieve Sales Targets
b) Develop Business
* Find new distributors or end consumers
* Define a strategy: sectors to be targeted, evaluate appropriate discounts, etc… Research the market & identify potential leads via Internet, magazines, visits to exhibitions etc
* Identify Exhibitions where the company should exhibit, organize our participation, attend the event & follow up leads
* Answer requests from clients regarding suitable products for needs, organize samples for trial/assessment on request, provide quotations and follow up
* Create mailings (or e-mailings) with new catalogue, special offers, etc…
* Make cold calls to introduce the company & obtain information on prospects, arrange visits as necessary.
* Contact magazines for editorials on company or products
* Report to Management on regular basis (monthly sales meeting) & achieve targets
c) Maintain good relationships with existing customers:
* Identify the customers' needs
* Try to improve sales by keeping in touch with customers, informing on products, etc…
* Liaise with production and despatch to make sure that orders are dealt with smoothly
* Undertake sales visit to customers
* Keep customers informed on progress of orders as necessary
* Help customers with after-sales issues liaising internally as required.
d) Administration activities
* Process orders on system & calculate carriage cost
* Send Credit Application Forms to customers & then liaise with accounts on that matter
* Send Proforma Invoices and agree payment conditions with customer / if necessary liaise with accounts
* Keep customers / prospects database and files up to date and tidy to ensure a full record of activities is available on CRM
* Make sure samples sent to prospects are bought or returned
* Liaise with accounts on regular basis re customers debts & eventually chase payments
* Participate to daily routine of the office (ex: answer the phone, take messages, and cover for colleagues on leave...)
* Maintain effective records as per requirements of ISO system
The salary would be from 25k basic, but a higher salary would be considered for an experienced candidate.
There is a bonus scheme for both a personal target and a group sales target. OTE is 10k but is uncapped.
It would include a company car in line with Company Car policy, Mobile phone, Laptop, Tablet and dedicated desk in the office. Hours will be 35 hours a week - 9 to 5 Monday to Friday with 1 hour unpaid lunch when office based.
Annual leave is 20 days plus 8 bank holidays increasing with service.
Apply for: UK Business Development Manager