Design Development Manager
East Sussex, South East
£60,000.00 per annum
We are recruiting on behalf of a global electronics company for a Design Development Manager to join the UK part of the business.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Leading the UK Design Team, working closely with manufacturing operations and the regional Design Teams to ensure delivery of quality design in a timely manner.
* Working with sales team on RFQ, reviewing requirements with customers, developing design quotes including scope of work and product requirement document.
* Responsible for approval of architecture design, engineering development, quality assurance of design release and creation of new design services.
* Carrying out regular reviews with customers on project status, issues, test strategies, and product life cycle.
* Working with manufacturing teams on process improvements, hands-on defect analysis, providing solutions and design approvals at various stages of product development
* Working closely with suppliers on design solutions, new reference platform development
* Monitoring daily work, weekly reporting and monthly business performance tracking
* Ensuring good design configuration control, issue tracking/resolutions and customer IP protection.
* On-site customer support in UK or at overseas locations.
Applicants should have a BEng / MSc in Computer Engineering or a relevant equivalent with experience working in consumer electronic, wireless or power subsystem designs. Solid software development experience in eLinux, WinCE, C/C++, Android or iOS is also essential. Hands on experience with embedded system development, software build environment and hardware debug would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator and team player with the ability to discuss technical designs with clients.
The position can be partly home based or based in Sheffield or Hampshire but applicants must able to travel to the company sites in either Hampshire or Sheffield as required as well as visiting client sites across the UK if needed.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates, if you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for: Design Development Manager