Wheelchair Rehabilitation Engineer
Kent, South East
£35,557.00 per annum
Do you have experience in assessing, planning and prescribing postural management solutions for adults and children with special seating and wheeled mobility needs? If so we are recruiting and we are looking for individuals just like you!
We are recruiting on behalf of a fast growing independent family owned business who are leading providers of Healthcare Service solutions including Wheelchair and Community Equipment Services. They work closely with NHS, Local Authority and Social Care Organisations providing a complete outsourced service that significantly reduces costs, delivers better quality and an enhanced patient experience.
Their mission is to provide a unique service that will ensure that all service users will receive the care, assessment and mobility equipment at the time they require it to enable them to achieve theirs and their families goals.
Duties to include:
* Providing advanced specialist technical knowledge in the areas of complex special seating, wheeled mobility, and pressure care for a wide range of clinical conditions. * Providing expert opinions, based on advanced engineering knowledge; following analysis and comparison of a range of options, to inform practice and service development. * Providing innovative solutions to meet the needs of clients with seating and wheeled requirements when no "off the shelf" solution exists. To design and produce technical drawings to enable these solutions to be manufactured. * Planning and organising the ordering and delivery of a broad range of complex equipment. * Assisting other members of the team to prioritise a complex caseload to allow for urgent. * Supporting the warehouse (repairer) against the agreed contract and to assist the Operations Manager with the monitoring of performance against the contract. * Using and understanding a range of information technologies as used for the benefit of clients and staff. * Contributing to service development and business planning, set goals for service development in conjunction with Head of Service and other team members. * Having an awareness of budgets, management of resources and efficiency savings. * Demonstrating problem solving based on expert clinical and technical knowledge, including advanced knowledge of switching and other assistive technologies. * Maintaining an up to date CPD folder, including literature searches and product ideas
Required skills and experience:
* Experience of working in a mechanical engineering workshop, safe use of hand tools and power tools.
* Demonstrable knowledge and application of mechanical engineering techniques and experience of working with wheelchair users. * Effective interpersonal/written/verbal communication skills, to include people with communication difficulties. * Computer literate with previous experience of working with standard software applications and databases. * English & Maths GCSE Grade C or equivalent * VRCT Registration * HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering (or, in the absence of this formal qualification, a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Wheelchair Technician role or a similar position in the private sector.
* Full Driving Licence - preferably clean - with ability to undertake driving within the catchment area of the Wheelchair Service.
What can they offer you?
* A salary equivalent to Band 5/6 depending on experience (£22,128 - £35,577) * Monday - Friday 08:00-16:30 (40 hour week) * 5% enhanced employer contribution pension scheme * Private Medical Insurance * Company mobile phone * Life Assurance * Free on-site parking * Company sick pay * Childcare Voucher Scheme * 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) with the option of an extra day unpaid
Apply for: Wheelchair Rehabilitation Engineer