Dorset, South West
£27,000.00 per annum
Salary: Circa £25,000 per annum
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Location: Poole, Dorset
Our client, global experts in their field, are currently seeking an experienced Buyer to join thier successful team. The Buyer is a key part of the Purchasing and Supply Chain Team.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day procurement and timely delivery of the materials and services needs of our client. Minimising cost and driving cost reduction to enable best practice.
Other main responsibilities will include:
* The management and development of existing suppliers along with the ability to identify new suppliers of goods and services as dictated by the business needs of the organisation.
* Working in conjunction with Purchasing Team Leader, manage supplier negotiations
* To achieve targeted cost savings within the buying element of purchasing
* Work closely with Account Managers to ensure delivery schedules are met
* Manage supplier negotiations in line with purchasing strategy
* Assist in sourcing new suppliers for part demands and increasing inventory portfolio.
* To assist in the management of supplier performance, identifying and troubleshooting quality and delivery issues.
* Build relations with existing and new suppliers going forward. Visiting factories and completing risk assessments and audits. Increasing knowledge of industry.
* Set up Terms & Conditions with key and new suppliers - (negotiate payment terms, delivery terms etc.)
* To assist in mentoring the Purchasing team including training and development.
* To identify areas of improvement within the Purchasing department processes to promote more efficient and smarter working.
In order to be successful as a Buyer with our client, you will require:
* Ideally possess a minimum of 4 years' experience in key areas of purchasing, supplier management and negotiation.
* CIPS (desirable)
* Excellent communicator, written and verbal.
* Strong organisational and analytical skills.
* Must be able to work under own initiative to solve problems.
* Calm and collective with ability to work under pressure.
* Confident when dealing with people at all levels both internal and external to the organisation.
* Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
* MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook,
* Web based systems
So if you are looking for a new challenge with a successful employer, then apply today!