Hampshire, South East
£24,000.00 per annum
My client are on the market for a Surveyor/Estimator to join them in working with UK wide clients to determine the requirements needed for any new projects through going on site and reading specific client measurement and requirements to determine how the job is to be carried out. This role will suit a candidate with good attention to details and has the ability to go onsite to represent my client when the projects are requested.
This role will suit someone with a range of construction/civil engineering skills and experience who is able to work unsupervised on his/her own initiative and who enjoys a challenge. Furthermore, a positive "can do" attitudes coupled with a pleasant demeanour are essential to the success of the role and fitting into the dynamic working environment.
* A qualification in a construction, civil engineering, quantity surveying or similar discipline.
* Able to read and interpret construction plans and drawings
* Ideally be experienced within project methodology, (Gant Charts, Project Initiation Documents etc. etc.)
* A strong and infectious "can do" attitude coupled with a desire to meet deadlines without compromising quality
* A logical and robust decision making ability that stands up to challenge
* A commitment to continuous improvement
* Good working knowledge and ability to use the Microsoft office suite of programs in particular Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Outlook
* Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to discuss at all levels.
* Capable of, willing to and hungry to develop the role and to play a part in the growth my client's company
Please feel free to apply and I will be happy to have a confidential conversation with you about this position.
Apply for: Surveyor/Estimator (Trainee)