Hampshire, South East
£23,700.00 per annum
The Works are recruiting for an Extrusion Operative for our engineering, manufacturing client in East Wellow, Romsey.
The client is looking for an experienced candidate to assist with the running of extrusion lines during each shift, including help set the extruder and all downstream equipment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of a similar role and be familiar with setting and running extrusion equipment and machinery. This is a challenging role and the ideal candidate will be well motivated and a reliable team member.
Main duties involve;
* To produce quality extruded products
* To assist with extrusion line setting and operation
* Head, die and pin changing and setting
* Barrell and screw setting
* Assist with the start up and shut down of the extrusion lines
* Monitor and maintain quality in accordance with specification
* Use fork truck and manual means to move raw material and finished products
* Trim, cut, wrap and pack extruded product
* Bend, form and drill extruded product
* Throughout each shift measure and record quality checks and monitor product quality
* Notify the Supervisor of any machine breakdowns or breaches of safety during the production process
The right candidate will have experience in a similar role and a valid counterbalance forklift licence. An NVQ in Manufacturing is desirable and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Working Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 5pm and Friday 7:30am - 4pm. You can work outside of your normal hours depending on the needs of the business. Salary is £22,500 - £23,700 per annum depending on experience. The position offered 25 days holiday per annum plus public holidays. The role is to start immediately on a permanent basis. You will need to have access to your own transport due to location and start time.
Apply for: Extrusion Operative